- Available from Wednesday, 2 November, 1pm in the “Quizzes and assignments” section on the PSGY1001 Moodle page.
- Deadline: Monday, 7 November, noon.
- There will be 40 questions about Chapters 10, 11 and 14 of Beth’s book.
- All questions will be four-alternative multiple choice, with no penalty for incorrect answers.
- The quiz is time-limited: Once started, you have 35 minutes to complete the quiz.
- The time limit can be adjusted in accordance with your support plan. If you already contacted me before the first quiz, I will again give you extra time. If you did not, but would like extra time for this quiz, please contact me by email well before the deadline. If you need a deadline extension, please fill in the coursework extension form for students with support plans.
- You have one attempt at the quiz and you will not be able to re-take the quiz.
- This is one of the three quizzes that together contribute 10% to your overall module mark (see Chapter 3).
Q: How difficult will this quiz be?
A: The main purpose of the quiz is to ensure that you have read the relevant book chapters and have understood the key concepts. To give you an idea of the difficulty, two years ago the average mark was 80%. Three students (out of 276) failed the quiz (i.e., had a mark below 40%). Another two had a mark between 40 and 50%. Nine had a mark between 50 and 60%, and 38 a mark between 60 and 70%. Everybody else had a mark above 70%.